- What happens if I or one of my family members dies before my property is paid off? — Inglewood Park Cemetery offers, at no additional cost, a "Family Protection Plan." This Plan is available to buyers under 65 years of age who sign a contract for the purchase of cemetery property. We also offer a protection plan for your children over 6 months and under18 years. Certain conditions apply. Please contact us for more information.
- My property isn't yet developed. What happens if I need to use it before it is built? — The terms of your contract will stipulate that "In case of need, undeveloped property will be exchanged for developed property of same value at no additional cost."
- How much to I have to put down? — We ask a minimum of 10% down, a portion of which is due at signing. The balance can be paid within 30 days. Keep in mind that the larger your down payment is, the smaller your monthly payments will be.
- What else do I need besides my property? — Please visit our page entitled "What Will I Need?"
- What is Endowment Care and what does it cover? — Endowment Care is a fee required by the State of California to pay for cemetery maintenance. For more information on how we use the earnings from this fund, see our Maintenance Standards.
- Why do I need a concrete vault? — A concrete vault is required on ground burials to provide some protection for the casket or urn from most of the natural elements present in the ground, such as water, and the weight of the soil. It supports the soil so that casket does not get crush, causing the grave to sink. (Some seepage is normal, as concrete is a porous substance, and some settling of the ground usually occurs right after the interment, but will be filled in as needed.)
- What is a lawn crypt? — A lawn crypt is a grave in which the vaults are placed in advance. When you buy a lawn crypt, you do not need to buy the vaults.
- I want to be cremated. Can you help me? — Yes, we can. Inglewood Park Cemetery has a crematory right on our premises, and a licensed crematory operator on staff. We have complete cremation packages that include the cremation, a niche, an urn, opening and closing, and the use of one of our chapels. (Please notify your funeral director that you have purchased a cremation service from Inglewood Park Cemetery to avoid confusion at the time of need.)
- Do you sell caskets? — No, Inglewood Park Cemetery does not sell funeral goods or services. Please contact Inglewood Cemetery Mortuary for these.