Chapel of the Chimes
Built in 1949, historic Chapel of the Chimes was recently renovated to serve as a multi-purpose venue that can be used for funeral or memorial services seating up to 60. The chapel can also host a small reception with a seating capacity of 50 to 75, depending upon the configuration. A hallway off the chapel area can be used to set up food and beverages by one of our preferred caterers.
We can also accommodate weddings, christenings, reunions, anniversaries, and other special events. In addition, the space is available for meetings, seminars, group sessions, and similar community gatherings.
Chapel of the Chimes also houses our own onsite crematory, which includes a witnessing room. You may arrange for a tour or discuss the available options including the cremation, services and final disposition of the cremated remains. Please call or meet with one of our Memorial Counselors.
Our central landmark for over 100 years, the historic Grace Chapel, was constructed in the early days of the cemetery. Its completion was announced in the Los Angeles Times on October 30, 1907, and reported to be a 3/4 replica of a church in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is also said that it was named for Grace Grant (Williams) Loomis, the wife of the Cemetery’s first superintendent, Captain Lester G. Loomis. (Grace Chapel is in the process of retrofitting and renovations. Expected completion date is late Spring, 2019.)
Chapel of Palms
As an intimate committal area in the Mausoleum of the Golden West, Chapel of the Palms also houses the Alcove of Palms. This Alcove consists of glass-front niches, a very desirable option for final placement of cremation urns along with personal mementos. Pew seating capacity is about 30, but the space can accommodate additional seating. The rear door leads to Capistrano Court.
Chapel del Prado
The Mausoleum Del Prado was built in the late 1950s, and combines crypt and cremation niche units. In 1986, We added the Garden of Little Lambs in front of the mausoleum, and added a small feature in the Chapel Del Prado.
Manchester Garden Chapel
Part of the beautiful Manchester Garden Mausoleum, the main chapel and four smaller side chapels represent patriotic ideals, each distinguished by an immense bronze plaque unique to its respective theme. The side chapels include the Chapel of Unity, Chapel of Freedom, Chapel of Heritage and Chapel of Honor.