How Inglewood Park Cemetery is responding to the Coronavirus
(Updated May 29, 2020)
The families we serve have always been our top priority. . . and especially now with the spread of this pandemic.
We are closely monitoring and following all guidelines from the CDC as well as all local and state emergency services. We will make every effort to accommodate families in making arrangements and conducting services in any capacity needed to ensure their safety and comfort while honoring their loved one. Meanwhile, in accordance with new state and local COVID-19 mandates and to assure the health of both staff and families, the following steps have been put in place:
- Gates are now open every day from 7 am to 7 pm, including weekends
- Mausoleums are now open however social distancing, masks and gloves are required.
- All chapels are closed to the public until further notice.
- Business office visits are now by appointment only. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 5 pm. Please call the main phone number to schedule an appointment or get information. We’re sorry, but no walk-ins are permitted at this time.
- All visitors must wear protective masks and gloves at all times while on the property
- Per the State Mandate, there will be no committal services at this time. All direct burials and direct cremations will be handled by our staff. (Please read here about how we can help families find closure after the stay-at-home order has been lifted.)
- No gatherings of any kind are currently permitted.
Further, to avoid compromising the health of families and visitors to Inglewood Park Cemetery, we have implemented the following measures:
- Extra cleaning activities have been enacted throughout the day and at night, as well as implementing cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean chapels, lobby areas, arrangement offices and restrooms before and after each usage with particular attention paid to high touch items like knobs, faucets, chairs and other communal areas.
- Professional hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the facilities.
- Reminders have been placed throughout the facilities to ask that physical contact, such as shaking hands, be limited.
- Guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath or have been in contact with or have recently traveled to any of the affected countries are being asked to refrain from visiting the business offices at this time. Please call our offices to seek clarity on how business interactions will be facilitated.
We will post any and all updates that we receive from the CDC and public health authorities to keep families informed and will follow all new guidelines that are directed as the need arises.
For more information please contact Inglewood Park Cemetery at 310.412.6500.